Saturday, September 17, 2005

Woodhill ride with Ocky

Had a good ride today at Woodhill, I was orginally planning on a final 3 or so hour slow ride, but Ocky came up from Wellington so a few of the Vorb crew had sifty session instead. The weather held which was great as it rained all day in town. Dom and I plus 6 others rode today. Ocky and I did my new trail but the others were not hungry enough to ride up-hill. We hit ironhorse and I did all the small jumps on the SS and Dom easily cased the double at the bottom which was good for him as he has been looking at that job ever since it has been rebuilt.
Dom and the jumpers went off and rode the dirt jumps and Ocky, Kylie and I went and rode Slipperies Delight. I havent done that track on the SS before, but I was very surprised how easy it was, even the climb at the end was OK. My legs must be getting a lot stronger....

We ended up doing the new SPCA track which is just awesome, downhill pretty much all the way, fast and flowy, awesome on the SS...

It is my birthday today, 43 years old. I didnt get any bike gear but did finally get some scales amongst other stuff. I weigned myself this morning and was 80.2 KG. After a massive dinner I was up around 82kg - amazing what a lot of food can do...

It was a good day !

No comments: