Friday, September 09, 2005

Night ride

We went for our first night ride in ages on Wednesday night, it was a gentle paced ride that was mostly enjoyable.

I had broken a spoke on the single speed a couple of weeks and had it fixed on Tuesday (for a cool $12 including true-ing - wicked price), when I put the wheel back on I tightened the chain line but there must have been a bit of stretch as half way through the rise I had nightmares with the chain coming off. What made it worse is the Hydrapak leaks like a sieve under a load so I had taken all the tools out to allow for the helmet light battery. Luckily about 3/4 of the way through the ride we ran in to some guys who had a spanner I could tighten the chain lugs with. Not making that mistake again...

Apart from that the ride was good, nice group of people, slow pace. We road up my new trail which was semi-officially opened yesterday. The track was pretty rough, the dry weather had made it quite soft, which made the climbing impossible. I dont think any of us made it to the top. Hopefully we will get some good rain in the next couple of weeks and I can ride the track to bed it down.

Planning ons a 6 hour ride tomorrow.

No comments: