Monday, September 19, 2005

I like Punk Rock

I am a married, father of 3, 43 year old IT manager who likes punk rock. Why is this ?

Is it normal to still like the music that set you on fire as a teenager ?

In the last 25 years I have had flirtations with other genres such as post-punk, goth, metal, alt-rock, indie-pop, but in the end I am drawn back into the warm embrace of 3 chord punk.

Over the past 6 months I have done a few 3 hour + slow single track rides – often on my own and usually take the MP3 player to keep me company. I have tried listening to a whole bunch of different artists in an attempt to keep the ride more interesting and the pace down, but each time I do not have the harmonic strains of Anti-flag or The Unseen soothing my ears I get off the bike feeling unsatisfied.

Maybe I should change my training and aim for a 12 hour race at punk rock pace ?

Having said all that my band of the moment is Lucero – alternative country music from Tennessee, but I cannot ride for 12 hours listening to songs of broken hearts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.