Thursday, September 22, 2005

9 days to go - Oropi Grove ride.

I had a work trip to our Tauranga office today to install a new switch and 4 printers.
Convieniently the weather was not too bad and there is a small bike park nearby.

I had pre-configured all the devices to be installed so the theory was I would leave home at 6.30 AM drive the 200km to the office, (within or close to the speed limit !) get the gear installed and get riding by 3.30PM. It was pretty close but we got a bit stuck getting the colour printer to work correctly under Citrix. Bollocks...

I mucked aorund with it till 4.00 then left it the experts at Datacom to look at remotely. I got to the bike park around 4.15.

Had a good, but short ride with Fraser who lives in Tauranga. Oropi is pretty small, basically either side of a river valley, so it is up and down either side. Trail conditions were good, though 1 trail was a bit greasy and my rear wheel shot out sideways and left me lying in the dirt, damn sand tyres.

Got a bit of air on some of the small jumps, left the big ones till another day (or lifetime). It was a neat ride, good work out but not too long to interfere with the tapering.


Pity about the 2 half hour drive home after though.

I took the single speed as the Dawg is still in the shop, I get it back on Saturday.

No comments: