Friday, September 02, 2005

Over training ?

Though I do not train as much as many, many other people, and some would laugh at my pathetic training regime, I had such a flat day yesterday I am wondering if I have over done it again.

I had an early morning run that just didn't fire, it was fairly cool, quite foggy, though the conditions were not bad. I ran for about 30 minutes and just didnt feel comfortable, I couldn't settle into a good rhythym and was passed by a lot of smooth flowing runners which is quite off-putting. I went and had a $2 shower at the Tepid Pools and it was cold...

Work was busy - not Hudson busy, but by new job standards it was a full on day, the kids wanted home made hamburgers for dinner, but the supermarket had no round rolls, so I bought long (hot dog) rolls, which apparently are yuck. Though dinner was Ok.

I did a quick ride on the trainer which just didn't feel good either, the TV was crap, the MP3 player did not inspire, I gave up after 45 minutes and went and tried to glue my rear vision mirror back on my windscreen, it did not work.

So all in all not a good day.

I think I will change my training plan for next week, I am hoping to do a 4 hour ride tomorrow, either on the road with Miles or in the forest on my own. Sunday will be a sifty ride with the boys I hope. Hard trainer ride Monday, spin Tuesday, hard ride Wed and then 2 days and no running for 2 weeks I think...

At least the body doesnt hurt too much

No comments: