Sunday, September 18, 2005

2 weeks till race day

14 days now until the Powerade Day Night Thriller 12 hour race in Taupo.

As normal with any event I do I have not trained as much as I would have liked to. The longest ride I have managed has been a 5 half hour ride, pretty much the same as the last 12 hour. I am however a lot stronger than in May as I have almost exclusively been riding the single speed since then, with only a couple of long training rides on the Dawgie. I am starting to feel a little bit apprehensive that I am going to bonk badly with 6 hours to go due to a lack of long rides, knowing this course is tougher than Rotorua's Moonride course. Will see on the day I guess.

I have the Dawg in the shop getting new rear brake pads and disk fitted, when I get it back I clean and lube it and hope nothing breaks or wears out. It is just to expensive to do all the things I would like to that bike, the single speed and the Dom's AC.

Next week I aim to keep my diet simple, lots of protien and as little fat as possible, keep the carbs down and lose a couple more kilos before hitting the carbs again in the last week. I have been pretty good with my food over the last week however I did let rip yesterday, and have been grazing on left over birthday cake today - yummmm.

The weather is total pants, so lets hope this is winters final clean out and we have great weather over the next 2 weeks. I would hate to try and do 12 hours solo in the wind and rain. Of the 5 times we have done this event (as a team) in the past it has only rained once - so statistically we should be in for a fine, but cold 12 hours.

No comments: