Friday, September 23, 2005

My Bikes - part 2 of 2


The second of my current crop of bikes is a 2001 DMR Trailstar single speed. I have had the frame a couple of months so the rest of the bike is primarily bits from my Kona Cindercone, which was made up mainly of components from my 2000 Kona Nunu that snapped in half. Kona warranted the frame which was very cool.



The chain is not that slack anymore!

I really like this bike, I love the whole single speed thing and it has really improved my riding, I am reading the trail better, flowing through the corners more cleanly and am stronger on the climbs, which has been a big boost to my fitness as well as an improvement in upper body strength as well.

The next plan is to get a better fork and stem, replace the BB and cranks, make it a bit more robust, then start hitting more of the jumps and drops. At least until I crash again and then I will go back to cruising the trails.

No comments: