Wednesday, June 22, 2005

The Training plan

Well I put together my training plan on Monday night, and promptly ignored Tuesdays session. I was using a 20 week plan but had 19 weeks to go, but I am at the week 2 stage already. When I looked at 20 weeks of training and the amount Km's I have to run in the latter stage of the plan I realised how far a marathon really is, the training alone is going to kill me.

The plan will be made more complex by doing a half marathon in 3 weeks, so this weekend I wam going to have go out for quite a long run, though there is a plan to go to Rotorua for a days biking.

The weather has also turned again with rain and 80km winds which makes pounding the pavement a hell of a lot tougher. Though I am planning on taking the afternoon off work and heading up to the forest for a bike ride.

No comments: