Saturday, June 04, 2005

Job interview

I am the new Zealand IT Manager for a global recruitment company. I have been here for over 8 years, through acquisition, through company mergers, de-mergers, restructures etc. I have worked for 3 CIO's, 5 general managers and and with about 7 CFO's/finance managers, under 4 different brands . It has been like working for 4 different companies so I do not feel bad about staying here so long. Last year I got pissed off with the place and started looking for a new job. I didnt have a hell of a lot of success, had a few interviews which got me excited, but for various reasons I never nailed a new job.

I then decided to stay here for the next couple of years and then just quit corporate life completely, work was OK, so it wasn't too bad.

I have now seen a job that interested me, IT manager with a strategic focus, local company, none of this reporting to New York via Sydney crap that does my head in. I have had 1 interview and have been knocked down to the final 2 and have a CEO interview next week. Wahoo....

Weather is still crap but I aim to do an 8km run today, I have run for a few weeks now so it will be good to stretch the running muscles. have been spending time on the trainer bike inside, but I think thatnis making me soft.

No comments: