Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Rotorua Mountain biking

It was the Queens "birthday" last weekend so to celebrate the country has Monday off. As we had had the extra day I decided to take my 15 year old son down to Rotorua for the day to do some biking. A few Vorbii had shown interest in going so it was worth the 3 hour drive.

As always the riding was superb, I love riding in the Whakarewarewa forest, it is the best custom built biking in in NZ. It is all fast, flowing well groomed single track. Most of it is perfect for the single speed, though there were a couple of hills I walked up and having decent brakes would have made some of the decents more fun. There was 6 in our group, various ages and skills, we did Repco, bit of Diamondback, Gunna Gotta, A trail, Tickler, Hot Cross Buns, Be rude not to and I cannot remember the name of the last trail back to the car park. Be rude not to, has to be one of my favourite tracks anywhere.

It was a great day.

No comments: