Sunday, June 26, 2005

The training plan reviewed

Well the training plan was a good idea, but....

When you look at a plan that has 19 weeks of running with ever increasing distances you start to realise that 42.2 kms is a hell of a long way. The first thing I did one I saw the plan was spend the next 4 days eating, drinking the odd scotch, beer and wine and doing nothing.

Well I got off my lazy ass on Saturday afternoon and went for a run, it wasnt a bad run, no idea of the distance but I guess it was about 15kms or so. Took an hour and half had a few nice hills (up to BHB, along BHB road, down Rosebank, Rata St, Titirangi rd and down Godley to home), I started slow and the legs felt OK. With 3 weeks to go to the next half it wasnt a bad start.

I hope to now get the plan back on track.,

No comments: