Saturday, June 11, 2005

10km run

Did a 10km run this morning. It went OK, I did my fastest time for the circuit at 54:48. Though the circuit through Green Bay, New Lynn and up Titirangi road is hardly flat.

I am not a fast runner ! I only cracked sub 5 minute km over 8km late last year, so I was reasonably pleased with the time this morning as I found the run quite tough, it certainly didnt flow. I started off quite cold and it hurt to breath for the first couple of K. I ran in a polyprop for the first time under a long sleeve shirt. I don't think I will do it again as I got quite hot after a while.

I was planning on running home from work one night this week, but I may delay it I dont think I am ready for a 16.5 K run yet. I am also thinking about only doing the 6 hour solo not the 12 at the Woodhill 12 hour in July. I can't train for running and riding at the same time...

No comments: