Thursday, June 02, 2005

Music is the food of the Soul

I had a good hour session on the trainer bike last night. The weather has really turned to crap in the last couple of days and winter has finally set in, so the trainer bike is going to be handy. I used the mp3 player on the ride to keep me sane.

I love music, I have always loved it, and I am highly opinionated about as well, as most people who love music are. In general my music has to have guitars and there should be little or no long hair, I found punk rock in the late 70’s and have stuck with it through thick and thin ever since. I have had brief affairs with other genres over time, but we always get back together again.

Lately I have been experimenting a bit and have dabbled with some reggae and old hip hop, and have found some artists that I do like. But then I will hear a punk band for the first time and then be drawn back the comfort of yelled vocals and 3 chords. My latest discovery are The Unseen, been around for years but I have never heard them, they are the best old school punk rock band I have heard in a long time.

Last nights session on the trainer was spent listening to some old metal though, Kyuss and Metallica’s Master of Puppets. I had forgotten what an awesome song M o P is.

No comments: