Sunday, June 25, 2006

Track extension is now finished

Yesterday I went back up to the first and finally I have finished extending the No Brakes trail, there is now a very fresh additional 700 metres in the middle of the trail. I am pleased and 1 day I will even get to ride it.

Yesterday was another 'official' bike parks digging day so I rocked up early and was given the use of a bike parks grom to help finish off the last section of my track, so with the extra help I was done in an hour and a half.

The grom and I then joined in with 4 others to help build a few extra bits of track for the Woodhill 12 hour event at the end of July. It is going to feel good racing on tracks that I have help build. Much as I love to ride single track, we made these short sections fairly wide to give plenty of passing room. The section we were building is going to be a downhill section in the long term but for the event it is being used for a short and not too steep climb, hene the width. Designing uphill and downhill is quite different though so it was quite interesting trying to look at how the trail would be ridden to design the best lines when it is going to be ridden in different directions.

I am 'racing', maybe I should say, riding in the event in a 4 man single speed team. All guys I have ridden with before, 1 from the 24 hour of N-Duro in Feb and the other 2 from the Moonride 24 hour hour. Really looking forward to it, though I have not been on the bike in 6 weeks so really need to kick the training off this week.

No comments: