Saturday, June 10, 2006

South Island work trip

I had a work trip to 3 of our South Island offices last week. I flew into Christchurch, drove the 2 hours to Timaru with the Christchurch manager and back again and then flew to Invercargill the next day and on to home.

It was a good trip, the weather on Thursday was just stunning, crystal clear cloudless skies on the way to christchurch afforded stunning views. I spent 2 hours in the Christchurch office which was good and then we dove down to Timaru, nice trip, flat straight road for 2 hours - luckily the Chch manager was good company. enjoyed the Timary visit and the lift back to Chch.

Thursday night I went to a bar in Chch to meet with a few of the South Island Vorb Mafia, who I had never met before. 7 of them turned up ! had a great evening. I like Christchurch more and more every time I visit. I have long thought that Aucklanders are an unsocialble lot, there would never be 7 Aucklanders turn up to meet a fellow biker from another town. There is also some awesome riding to be had around there as well, way way way better than here. Good on ya Christchurch.

Fridays trip to Invercargill was Ok, flight there and back was a bit choppy and cloudy. Spent 3 hours in the office and they were a pretty good bunch as well.

it was a pretty good trip.

No comments: