Saturday, June 03, 2006

Dig dig dig

Went back up to Woodhill again today to carry on working on the track extension. I haven't done any work on this track for a few weeks and the pine needles were thick on the ground again. I seemed to spend more time clearing the trail so it is visible than actually doing the work I intended which was building a sand 'bridge' over some imbedded logs that I could not dig out, realigning a couple of off-camber corners and smoothing some climbs.

The problem with Woodhill being sand based (and very easy to make tracks in) is if you not get lines right or leave downhill corners off camber then you get a lot of nasty wear on the track. Hopefully as this bit of track is quite a way from the carpark it will only be ridden by reasonably experienced riders who will not brake through bends and knowhow to ride the pinch climbs without digging holes in the surface.

I was hoping to get most of the work completed today, but finished about 100 of the 700 metres of track. I walked the rest though so the line is still sort of visible though I do need to more clearly mark it out as it is in quite a dense part of the forest and a lot of needles and brances fall.

Went home after 3 hours which is when I promised my wife I would be home, she was out with number 2 son and when they got home they all disappeared again leaving me home alone... I could have finished the trail if I had known.

Went for a sifty urban spin on the single speed for 40 minutes, it was good to be back in the saddle again.

Plan to get up and run tomorrow morning though.

No comments: