Monday, June 05, 2006

Football world cup

Well we had a long weekend in NZ this weekend, Monday was Queens Birthday so we all celebrated in style, I got out of bed at 11.00.

Well I initially got out of bed at 3:25 AM and went around to a friends house to watch New Zealand get beaten 4-0 by Brazil in a pre-Football world cup friendly match. Apart from that the weekend was a waste. I spent all day Sunday waiting at home by myself for someone to come and pick up the bunk bed they have bought of us - som miscommunication means they are not coming around till next weekend. I did get out for a run yesterday and planned on doing 13-14 km but it rained really really really hard so I went home after 6.5 kms'. And that was it for training or any other sporting activities this weekend. 3 whole days off work squandered, and today was a nice sunny, though cold, day. Family day !

The Football world cup starts next weekend and being English I will be watching as much as I can. so I expect to not get a lot of running or riding in over the next month. Though next Saturday I do intend on doing some more track work...

No comments: