Saturday, June 10, 2006

And yet more digging

Went back up to the track again today and got another good 3 hours of raking and digging in. I took the old work digital camera up and snapped a couple of out of focus shots.

I took the rake as well as the spade up to day and it was very useful in clearing the pine needles from the trail.

My plan was to leave the spade on the track and then start walking and rake the trail debris until I hit a patch that requires spade work, then walk back to the spade marking the edge of the trail with logs as I went, then walk back to the rake clearing anything that needed clearing. The plan worked well and I got an awful lot more work down than last week. The most time consuming part of the work was finding decent enough pieces of wood to mark the edge of the trail.







I had to redesign a couple of corners that just did not flow well and I also built a couple of small berms on off camber corners to keep the flow going.

I raked out and marked the trail to completion and kinda left it obvious to riders that there is a new bit of trail to ride.

When I got home I made a couple of small signs to stick on the start and exit of the new section from a couple of liberated old real estate signs.





Sadly I will have to dig again next week, but that should be the end of it and I can go ride again.

No comments: