Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Test run for the new shoes

I finally took the new shoes for a test run last night. It was a very cool night, but no cloud and no wind, so nice for running. Though I did find all the wood smoke from home fires to be quite annoying.

I did the 8.5km Godley/Portage/Astley/Taupo route as it is a good tester when I haven’t been out for a while, though it is one of my least favourite runs. The run started off well I had a good pace going down Godley Rd, hit the first Km mark at 4:43. I pulled the pace back a bit as I knew I could not sustain that for 8.5 kms. It the 4.4 km mark at 20 minutes which was still too quick. Dropped the pace up the Astley hill as I was starting to feel the affects and all those parts of me that can hurt during a run were hurting all at once. I picked the pace up again when I hit Godley for the run home. Ended up doing a 43:30 which I believe is the fastest I have done that loop. Though it felt very slow in the middle.

The shoes were Ok, I had a bit of pain in 1 foot, but I am not sure of that is shoe related or just the fact I hadn’t run or a few weeks. I also had

Sore lungs and throat from the cold air.
A really bad stitch at the 3 km mark
Sore legs, thighs still tender today
Sore chest muscles
Sore ears from the cold as I had just had a haircut.

The price I pay for running!

I have borrowed the bike trainer from my bro in law again and have the Cindercone all set up, going to give that a go tonight.

4 weeks till the Woodhill 12 hour.

No comments: