Tuesday, June 13, 2006

New seat post

I finally got around to collecting - and paying for - a new seat post for the single speed. I bent the original DMR post at the Moonride a few weeks back. I have kept the old one in the spares box as it is only slightly out of straight, just enough to make it tough to drop and raise the post.

The new post is a Phillips. It is about 2 inches longer than the DMR post which means I can raise it to full XC mode and leave enough in the seatpost tube to not put too much strain on the frame, guess I am more likely to bend it like that though. It is also a twin bolt tube which I do like. The DMR post did not allow me to move my seat forward much below horizontal, though I do like to have the seat a couple of degrees below that.

I took it for a test spin around the streets on Sunday and it felt so nice, high and positioned nice. Hopefully get to take it down to Rotorua this weekend for a run on the single track.

No comments: