Saturday, March 04, 2006

Waterfront run.

I had to take number 1 son into a new Saturday job at a friends panel and paint shop for an 8.30 start. The day started sunny and not too windy so I packed the running gear and went down to Aucklands waterfront for a run.

I took the new phone and tested out how useful it was as an MP3 player for running, I need an arm strap for it, as I have always run with an mp3 player in my pocket and this was a lot heavier than the the old thing I had. It wasnt too bad though and didn't bother me over my hour run. It also has the secondary use of being a camera as well so I took a couple of snaps as it was just such as nice morning.
The start (and finish) at Okahu Bay

















The view from half way up St Helliers hill


Ok the camera is not the best but i does work and if I have to cart a device arond then a phone/mp3/camera in 1 is not bad. The run was OK, I ran for an hour felt good through most of it, though my ankle was tender for some reason towards the end.

I need some new shoes, mine are so squeeky it is almost embarressing

No comments: