Wednesday, March 29, 2006

2nd commute

Had my 2nd commute home on Tuesday night. It went Ok, quite a strong south westerly, which isn't fun when you live south west. But it was still a good ride. Had a bit of a 'race' with another commuter, neither of us acknowledged it but the pace sure as hell picked up when we met at the lights and we were both out of the seat on the climbs. He got me at the last set of lights when I mis-changed a gear... It made it all the more fun anyway.

I picked up the repaired HRM and used that on the way home, avg HR of 163 bpm, be nice to drop that over the next few weeks.

I have fitted the new Conti tyres , my comfortable seat from the SS and my speedo in preparation for this weekends ride down in Tongarario. I am so looking forward to this coming ride. 38 MTBers hitting one of the (supposedly) best trails in NZ, point to point, and the end is a pub...

No comments: