Sunday, March 12, 2006

Crappy ride and river crashing

Had one of those rides yesterday where things just didnt gel, my legs felt like rubber, I rode like a beginner and went over the handle bars on a silly little step. When I went over the bars I twisted my foot and clipped my ankle enough that I am now limping. I did ride on a bit more and ended up doing a short loop around the northern end of Woodhill forest. It is very sandy now and bits of it were unrideable. I should have stayed in bed but I was so looking forward to riding, even if it was on my own.

When I got home Number 2 son and his friend were itching to go out to the Karamatura stream for a bit of creek crashing and waterholing. Normally I would be busting to go but my ankle was getting quite stiff. We went anyway I limped my way up the stream while they charged aorund having fun. I am keen to go back when I can run with the best of them.

Here are a few shots from the phone






I was going to ride this morning with number 1 son, but it is raining, my ankle hurts and I was hungover. I did however get all the bike bits together and will ship the Cindercone frame and Dawg off to my mechanic's place for a swap. Hopefully I will have the hardtail ready for a Waharau mini-epic next weekend.

No comments: