Sunday, March 26, 2006

Another crap ride

My planned long slow ride at either Woodhill or Riverhead on Saturday morning started to go wrong on Friday. Both my expected riding buddies pulled out and all the other people I know who would be willing to do a 3 hour plus ride were not riding on Saturday either.

I went out anyway and took the Cindercone for its first Woodhill ride since it was put back together. I do not ride Riverhead on my own, especially after a bit of rain, it can be very greasy and is not that well ridden. I knew no-one in the carpark at Woodhill so I plugged the mp3 into my head and rode off. As usual I hit the Northern end first as it usually stays firmer as it is less ridden by the bunnies as the southern end. The track was still pretty bad, cut up to hell and I had problems again with the old tyres. I really wasnt flowing well and had trouble on the climbs again with keeping the front wheel on the ground. My balance was just not in it again.

I stopped half way up my track and started to scope out the extension, I layed out about 100 or so metres before hitting the trail again. I kind of have an idea of how I want the second stage to go, not that I have heard anything from the bike park management people. I think I will just go dig anyway.

I made it a fairly shot ride after that. Stopped off at Freeride'n and bought 2 Continental Explorer 2.1'' tyres.

Saturday afternoon I went to put the new Truativ stem in the SS but the fork didnt have enough post available so I put the shorter stem off the Cindercone on the SS, along with the 'new' Azonic bars and the longer stem on the Cindercone.

Sunday it rained all day so I lazed around and watched the Womens and Mens road race from the Commonwealth games. NZ disappointed in both.

But go Rosara Joseph who won silver in womans MTB race...

Next weekend I am going to ride the 42nd Traverse in Tongarario National Park in the central North Island and have taken the following Monday and Tuesday off when I will go dig.

I am really pumped about the ride. It is a Vorb organised event and there are theoretically 36 riders going. I am heading down on Friday with a friend to ride Craters of the moon in Taupo which will be good as long as the damn rain goes away...

No comments: