Thursday, March 02, 2006

Great ride

Had a good ride last night at Riverhead, one of the best rides I have had in a long time. I went out with some of the guys from the Freeride'n shop ride. 4 of us rode, me on the single speed and the others on fullys with lots of suspension. I was expecting to not be able to keep up with them, but apart from the steeper downhills I had no problems. It was a much faster and longer ride than normal and it was all good.

Added a few new trails to the trail list for Riverhead as well. 1 of the things I really like about that forest is tough it is quite small there are a lot of trails, none of them marked on any map, and the maps that do exist are always out of date as new roads keep appearing all the time as they cull the trees.

I took number 1 son's AC into the shop to get the shock looked at, hopefully, the seatpost removed. The shop staff suggested he looked at a hardtail. If the shock too much to repair I may well see if I can pick up a cheap hardtail frame, like a Giant STP or a Kona jump frame, that can handle the abuse a bit more.

Checking out the Posies today

Saw this numberplate in the carpark...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Need to repair your bike? Then why not visit www.smbbearings.com/BB_BRGS.htm for a great article about replacing your bike's bottom bracket bearings, the photos are a real help too.