Friday, November 25, 2005

Well this week I had a semi-surprise trip to Sydney, semi in that it was only organised last Friday and a surprise as I really did not expect to travel with this job. sadly it was only for 1 night and the night was wasted.

I went over on Tuesday with the MD and sales manager. They went business and I went cattle, which I actually prefered as I am not a great flyer and I really did not relish the though of 3 hours on a plane with 2 people from work who I did not really know or feel particularily comfortable with. So I ended up down back with a new book (Carl Hiassen - Double Whammy - Ok it is hardly new, but I have not read it yet and I love his books), the latest MBA mag and 256mb of punk rock on the old MP3 player.

We had a project meeting with the Aussies that ran till 4.00 and then I went shopping in Sydney. I was looking for some Adidas Evil Eye cycling sunnies but they are way more expensive in Syndey than in NZ. Things have really turned around on the shopping front Sydney is now more expensive than NZ, I used to like to shop Sydney, but now the things are normally buy there, like T-shirts, work shirts etc are cheaper here.

Dinner with the bosses was loosely planned but never happene, I was a bit pissed about it, not that I wanted to eat with the bosses, I wanted to hook up with mates for a beer. I ended up in the hotel room by my self, watching hlaf of Sin City on DVD.

Wednesday morning I went for a 6.00 Am run around past the Opera House and through the domain which was just awesome, it is a nice place to run. In fact I do love Sydney, it is a cool city.

Had breakfast with Pete from Hudson which was great, caught up on the goss.

Wed was full of meetings with various people from the Aussie business, it was a good day really.

Of course I would have liked to stay longer and catch up with some old buddies...

No comments: