Monday, November 21, 2005

First run in the new shoes

We had the work Christmas dinner on Friday night. My intentions were to get up early on Saturday and get an hour or so running in early in the day, but that was unlikely given the amount of red wine consumed. The work dinner was Ok. I have never been a big fan of work functions, though the Hudson ones were Ok in the end as I had some quite good drinking buddies there.

Saturday was a slooooooooooooooow day.

On Sunday I took my 12 year old and his cousin out to Piha for the first sea swim of the summer. The conditions were perfect - clear skys and an even break. As it was high tide body surfing sucked, but the water was cold so I was happy just to get in there for 20 minutes.

When I got home Aiden went out to a mates place leaving me home alone and ready to go out for a run to test the new shoes before this weekends long(ish) run. I ran down through Wood Bay, French Bay to Titirangi Beach and hen up the zig zag track to Park Rd and home. I didn't make it all the way up the Zig Zag this time, so there is a good training incentive for me. The shoes were OK, felt alright on the road, the Zig Zag has been covered in stones so it was not the good old rooty/rutty clay trail it used to be.

Still it wasn't a bad run.

No comments: