Sunday, November 27, 2005

Mud glorious mud

Bruce and I went for a second training run yesterday. The weather had been pretty good for a while, but Friday night it rained and rained. Saturday morning dawned cloudy, windy and threatening to rain some more. We decided to run anyway and the weather held for us well.

To keep it interesting an avoid a real mud bath we decided to run up the unsealed road from the Huia dam for about 5.5 km then run the Nuggets track , 1.8km and return the the same way.

The run was good, pretty much up one way and down the other. The track was pretty sloppy, very greasy, very rooty and a good test for the new shoes, which passed well.

Wicked bush in that section of the Waitakeres as well. I will take the camera next time I run.

I caught my ankle on some bush lawyer so when I got back to the car my shoes and legs were nice and muddy and I had a trickle of blood to show I had really been on a track run.

Broken in shoes.

No comments: