Sunday, November 06, 2005

Kaweka Challenge - training begins

I had an invite from a fellow Vorber from Palmerston North, who I have met a couple of times at 12 hour events, to join a single speed team for the 24 hous of N-Duro in Feb. This was pretty cool as he is way way way fitter and fast than me so it was neat to be invited.

Sadly I am going to say no as I have now committed to Bruce to train and run the Kaweka Challenge which is also in Feb. I am really going to have to use my limited activity time to get some running and tramping in else I am really going to bonk badly on the event.

I did a reasonable run today, up through Titirangi to Shaw Rd, nice easy hour run with some climbing in it.

This coming Sunday I am going to have a go at my first MTB champs race in the sport class. If that goes OK I will do another round of the series in December and then put the bike in the shed for a few weeks while I run. If it is a dry summer then the biking at Woodhill will be bollocks anyway.

I went for a spin up there yesterday and must say my trail is riding sweetly. I still have not made it up the first section on the SS yet, but am getting very close, if I can just keep the front wheel on the ground.

No comments: