Friday, November 18, 2005

Running home from work

I have been thinking about running the 16 or so km home from work for a couple of years now, generally as part of some training plan for 1 event or another but I have not quite got around to it. This week I was planning on doing at least 1 swim and no running to give my legs a chane to recover after the weekend, as usual my plans did not work out. Work was busier than anticipated and meetings ran longer than scheduled.

So Wednesday, as I had all my gear in the office, including an empty hydrapak and the weather was perfect, I decided to run home. Including walking the first 1km as a warm up it took me 1 hour 45 which was longer than I expected for the distance but there are a few small climbs and running in the traffic is not easy. I was pretty stuffed when I got home though I was feeling Ok the next day.

No comments: