Sunday, October 16, 2005

Woodhill festival 30k race

Well I completed the Woodhill Festival 30km mountain bike race yesterday.

I am not actually sure how many riders there were as they 15 and 30 started off together and the 30 did 2 laps of the 15km course. There was not a lot of riders anyway, and I have no idea where I came in the field. This was not a serious race by the way.

In regard to time I did better than I expected, my target was between 2 and 2 half hours and I came in around 1:58 which I was very happy with. I felt good through most of the race so possibly could have pushed myself a bit harder.

I rode the Dawg, it went Ok, though I did occasionally get a bit of chain slippage, it was not too bad though. I will get a new middle chain ring before the next event.

I may do the 3 rd race in the Auckland MTB champs - sport class next month, though there is also a 70km ride in the Pureroa (sp) forest the same weekend which I might do as you cannot normally ride there.

No comments: