Monday, October 24, 2005

Training run

I had a very sifty ride yesterday with the Dom, Darin and Wayne. Very gentle pace, which was good news for my knee. I rode the single speed which was probably not so good for my knee.

The 'injury' itself is more with the tendons at the lower end of my hamstring at the back of the knee, rather than the knee itself. Which is pretty good news I think as it shouldn't be a long term injury. Though I should give it time to recover...

I did my first timed run down SPCA yesterday as well 3 minutes which is damn slow. I heard young michael can do it in 2:20 so I have a long way to go, though he is 17 and rides a downhill bike and I am 43 and ride a hardtail SS. (he also a damn fine rider). SPCA is a really neat track, about 70% of it points downhill and the rest is flat, I ran out of pedal on a lot of it but at least I didnt need to use the brakes much or have to change gears to pedal out of ther corners. The track is not steep at all either which suits my chickenness.

Today was labour day and a public holiday so I went for an hour long run at Mission Bay. The weather was superb and I was running by 8.20. I ran up the hill at St Heliers for a bit of variety as well, and then back past the car and on to Hammerheads. Just over an hour all up and felt pretty good.

The heart rate monitor is really whack now so I turned it off after a few minutes. I will get a new battery soon and see if that fixes it.

No comments: