Tuesday, October 18, 2005

"race results" - single speed tweak - sick !

The results for the Woodhill festival are up today. Official time was 1:58 which is pleasing. I came 21st out of 62 which is even more pleasing, but I was still 30 minutes behind the winner. Given that winner was probably half my age I am not too fussed...

On Sunday I was quite keen to go for a sifty ride up at Woodhill with some Vorbers from Auckland, Hamilton and Whangarei. I couldn't motivate the kids to move so ended up staying at home. I have been coming down with a head cold for a few days so I wasn't too bothered.
I ended up mucking around on the single speed and finally fixed a small problem that was bugging the hell out of me. I noticed that when I stood up and moved my weight back my left leg used to touch the rear brake cable and cause the brake to rub on the rim. I removed an inch or so from the outer cable and boom-shanker the problem has gone. I wish I had done that before. I took the SS for a quick spin up to the local park and it was all good.

I am now sick with a head cold, I made it to work yesterday as I wasn't feeling too bad when I work up, but finally left about 10.30 and came home. The cold has got progressively worse since then and I have spend the last 24 hours sleeping, reading a really bad novel and a bit of net surfing. This afternoon I will do some more project documentation and try and get it finished today. Hopefully I will be well enough tomorrow to go to work.

No comments: