Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Quick knee test

I had to take my car in to the shop today.

Ever since it was rear ended a couple of years back, when under load (say bikes on the back) it has made a banging sound when going over small bumps or through pot holes. Now you might think that it is very irresponsible to be driving a car with banging sound for the past 2 years and you would be sort of right. However I had the car looked at by my mechanic, I have the rear shocks replaced and investigation by a shock guy and no-one has ever found anything mechanically wrong the car.

After I had the towbar fitted the noise has been worse under general driving so I took the car in again today to another place and they finally found the problem was the floor pan at the rear of the car was 'popping' when the car flexed going over bumps.... So I will take it in to the panel beaters that my son has a part time job at and hopefully they can sort it.

Anyways....

I decided to work from home today to catch up on my project documentation as I am way way way behind, and I get interupted every 5 minutes in the office with dumb questions.

So I took the SS with me to the car place and road the 5 km home. It was a good test for my knee and while there was a small amount of pain from the back of the knee it was not too bad, and it certainly did not continue to hurt after I stopped riding.

The SS wasnt the best bike to ride on the road as I am running 32-16 and the road is kinda flatish so I was spinning out on the slight downs and having to stand on the rises. Probaly a good test for the knee though.

The weather is fine for the race on Saturday so at this stage I am racing.

No comments: