Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Kaweka challenge

Forgot to mention in my last post...

A friend of mine has started talking me into doing the Kaweka Challenge (I think that is what it is called.) It is in February and is a 28km mountian run/walk with 2015m of vertical gain. The winner last year took just under 4 hours. It is obviously not an easy event !!!

This is about 4 months away and will require some serious hill training. I am actuall quite excited about the prospect...I think it will be more fun than training for a road marathon. Hopefully I will be well enough at the weekend to go for a test run up some local hills.

At least this is a good reason to get back into walking/running some of the bush walks in the Waitakeres- no bikes allowed - so I haven't been there for many years even though they start less than 30 minutes from home.

No comments: