Friday, October 20, 2006

Tuesday riding

I have tried to source a new seat post for the AC so I could get the seat up a bit higher for the more XC focused rides, though the local bike shop had loads of posts in varying sizes they did nnot have one for me, I do have one on order though. Wouldn’t the world be a better place if there was some standardisation ?

This week I got a new work phone - so I have taken a couple of sample shots, and for the first time in ages I have been able to upload photos to here.

The riding area

I managed to get away from work nice and early on Tuesday and had a reasonably slow, though stress free drive up to Murawai. 10 of us rode this week so we took the longer ride option and rode all the way up the road to the dodgy walking track down hill. The AC is a pain to ride up prolonged (it is only 1.5km but it feels prolonged) climbs when you are sitting so low your knees are banging into your chin. The ride down was not too bad, faster than I have done it on the SS but I am still such a chicken on fast DH runs. The brakes on the AC were really grabby, felt like they were either on or off, very little modulation, could be just need some time to settle after not being used for a while, or maybe they just need a good bleed.

We rode back up and into the forest and then up to the top of the old down hill course for a play on the little jumps. the climb to the topI had replaced the cleats in my shoes so my feet were not popping out of the pedals and I was a lot more comfortable getting little bits of air. Had a fun session, man - the groms are just so comfortable leaping about on any sort of bike…

We then dropped down and did the riverside trail and by then it was too dark to ride back up to do AFL so we cruised back along the road to the cars.

Another good ride.

No comments: