Friday, October 06, 2006

Race day tomorrow

Plans for the single speed poker race are as complete as they are ever going to be with race day tomorrow. This being my first eventy racey thing I have ever done I am a bit pensive about how it will all turn out, but at least the weather has turned it on for me - big blue skies forecast for the day.

I have the prize giving beer and more than I expected, prizes from Vorb.org.nz arrived in the mail on Wednesday and the rest should turn up tomorrow with their respective riders.

I guess now it comes down to getting enough volunteers to lur in the forest and enough riders to make it fun !

I have put together a blog site with some info about the race and a place to store photos.

The weather was filthy early in the week with massive rains and high winds, the winds are just about gone now, but it is still quite cold. I went out for a ride on my own on Wednesday night to check out the tracks and the rain has really settled them down, they are hard are going to be fast. I had an OK ride, I havent ridden on my own for a while and it was quite a challenge to keep motivated... It was an Ok ride, though I had issues with one a screw in one of my cleats and had to stop and tighten it twice.

Last night I went around to my friend Darin's house with the AC and he took out the BB, which is pretty knackered, greased it up and installed it, it is still stuffed but at least it doesn't creak so bad....

Still have issues getting one of the flat pedals out of the cranks, the crank insert keeps coming out with the pedal, we have super glued it back in again and I will try and remove the pedals again tomorrow morning. I will take the AC for a ride on Sunday morning, I haven't ridden a fully for a while, and have never ridden the AC in anger before. It should be fun !

Fingers crossed the race will go well tomorrow

I am keen to organise someting else if it does !

No comments: