Tuesday, October 10, 2006

First ride on the AC

I had a great ride tonight.

I got the AC ¾ sorted on Sunday, all I need now is a long seat post as the one in the bike has been cut down really short so Dom could drop the seat. There was just 4 of us riding tonight Pete and his 2 teenagers and we got away early enough for a hour and half ride without lights. Pete and I rode our AC’s and the kids had their DH bikes so this was going to be e bit of fun…

The wind was very strong off the beach so we decided to avoid the normal circuit and just get into the forest and play on the fun trails. We rode up to the top of Dan’s down that trail then back up to the top of the old national DH course. We played around on the small jumps on the this track for a while and I had a bit of a play on a new Giant Glory which was a lot of fun, these DH bikes get air born so easy compared to the DMR. I was riding with clip pedals and the cleat in my old shoes are too loose to really jump as my feet keep coming out which is not a good look – or feeling when you land on the top tube. So I kept it small and only hit the flowy jumps – not that I was going to bigger anyway…. From the midway point of the old nat’s track we moved on to the AFL track and sessioned a couple small jumps there for 15-20 minutes. I did get more and more comfortable hitting the jumps at higher speeds which was really cool – and the whole idea of getting the AC going again.

We then rode back to Pete’s place via a small loop down towards the beach that was like riding into a sand blaster, the wind was so strong.

A great first ride on the AC, will replace the cleats in the shoe’s so I can stay stuck to the bike.

No comments: