Friday, October 20, 2006

Day off work

It is Labour Day in New Zealand on Monday so we all get the day off work. I have been feeling particularly sluggish this week, though I have actually got things done so I decided to take Friday off as well for a 4 day weekend. My plan for the day was to get a decent run in and then go do a whole bunch of shopping stuff, present for juniors 13th birthday, wheel barrow, seat post etc so the weekend can be spent doing stuff and avoiding the shopping areas at all costs. Well that half turned to crap as junior ended up being off school as well so I could only do half the shopping. He was off school to attend a funeral of an old cub leader, well he wasn’t old, he died of cancer 2 days ago at the age of 54. My wife went to the funeral, but I decided not to attend as I did not really know the family that well and some days I am a selfish asshole. I did get the wheel barrow…

As usual when a public holiday long weekend come around the weather turns to pants…cloud and drizzle forecast for the weekend.

I did get out for a run, did my almost 10km loop down Godley Rd, Portage Rd, Clark St, up Titirangi Rd and back down Godley again. The weather was OK, slight rain, no wind not too warm, but I still ran like someone who is 2 -3 kilos over weight. The fun felt Ok just not very fast, though at 55 minutes it was way off the slowest I have done it.

Seat post still not in the shop !

No comments: