Monday, October 23, 2006

A rainy day public holiday run

Yay – another wet day, got to love long weekends ! Raining a bit more persistently today, though it is not heavy. I got up at 7.30 and went for a run.

Started doing the same Godley Rd, Portage Rd, Clark St, Titirangi Rd loop as Friday but carried on up through Titirangi and along Kohu Rd to the bottom of Scenic Drive were I looped back into Titirangi again and down to home. It took me 1 hour 19 minutes to complete the 13.5 km loop, which is not particularly fast really but I was pacing myself and there is a fair amount of climbing which is really the purpose of this run. I hope to get out this week and do some sprint runs at the park as well but we will see how it goes.

I did measure the run in the car today and took some section distances as well so I can start to build some runs with a reasonable idea of distance.

I planted some tomatoes, lettuces and beat root this afternoon, get the vege garden going for summer. Will have to see how long the enthusiasm for growing veges lasts, it is not ling usually…

No comments: