Sunday, October 22, 2006

Saturday ride

Drizzly morning again today.

I got up early and went into work at 7.15 to print off some stuff for my wife and print, sign and scan a document for work.

From work I drove up to Woodhill for my normal Saturday morning single speed ride with Miles. Had a pretty good ride, kept the pace down and just rode for 2 hours, didn’t really stop much – gate crossings, adjusted brakes once early on, so it was a pretty solid nicely paced work out.

We rode Powerball to the main network, then down Spaghetti as far as Afterglow, then finished off with Tortellini. We then took the easy road option to Haggis then Northern Exposure, No Brakes, Python and the horrible Anaconda, I really do not like that trail it just goes on and on and mostly seems to be up hill, there is just no fun in that trail… After Anaconda we did the last section of Conifer and I cleaned the rooty pinch climb which I haven’t done for a while, then powered through the lovely flowy section just before it joins back into Haggis. After Haggis we rode Tree Huggas, Link, all of Cookie for a change before thrashing down Raceface Down back the car. It was a good ride, I really tried again to focus on body position through the downhill sections and keeping my fingers off the brakes. I believe I am getting better at this and I do appear to be faster. I only had a couple of moderately scary moments as I got the body postioning wrong going into rutted corners.

After the ride I spent the afternoon scaring the neighbours by working in the garden with my shirt off, weeding and digging over the vege patch...


Listening to some old XTC - Go 2 LP on vinyl

No comments: