Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Another Dodgy Tuesday ride

Had a great Tuesday night ride this week, there was only 2 of us riding so the stops were less and the pace up a bit. We seemed to cover a lot more ground than normal, though we were being fairly sifty and chatting all the way.

Started off with the 2.5km ride up the road to the walking track, that we took fairly cautiously, I must learn to DH faster, at least trust myself more on these night trails. As the wind was not so bad this week we decided to ride up to the gannet colony trail and slowly drop down the stair ridden track. It is kinda fun but slightly nerve wracking, though I am getting more confident riding them. At the bottom of the stairs we ride past the beach car park and there was a car load of drunken hoons who started yelling a bit of abuse. We ignored them but it was a bit never wracking riding up the road to the forest entrance. The road is quite narrow, dark and twisty, and drunken hoons in cars are not what I want to see on the road when I am riding.

We rode the riverside trail which is getting better and better to ride as I get more familiar with the “trail”. As this is quite un-official riding the riverside trail is probably only ridden by 10 people once a week, it is quite hard to follow as there is no defined trail yet, just markings here and there, but we are getting better and predicting the flow of the trail now. As we were way ahead of where we were the previous week then rode back up the 1.5 of road and back into the forest. I am getting so much better at the road climb, it isn’t at all steep but the more I ride it the further I can get while remaining seated. I am definitely getting stronger! We then rode down the AFL, I have never ridden this track before and man was it fun, my sort of DH, not steep, but pointing down all the way, lots of corners and lots of small jumps. I only did one of the jumps as I do like to scope these out first. Hopefully we will do it again with a bigger crowd and I can follow someone down who knows the jumps and can advise me as we go. Great track ! and a great way to end the ride.

No comments: