Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Dodgy Tuesday ride

I have been having another one of those weeks at work so decided I should sneak out 15 minutes early, try get home before 5.15 and then go for a dodgy Tuesday night Murawai ride. For once it all came together ! I was home on time, got changed into riding gear and had the car loaded before 5.30, which is the cut off time for getting to the ride meeting point to be riding for 6.30.

Had a small group tonight - 2 teenagers and 3 adults, though the weather is not the best, quite a strong wind, the odd light shower and cool enough to be wearing long pants, thermal top, long sleeve shirt and a wind breaker. We rode up the road to the walking track which is a great warm up on the single speed. I had a much better run down the walking track than last time, though I am sure an 8 year old would till beat me, I am just so unconfident when it comes to downhill in the dark – well downhill period I guess. I still need to learn to trust my tyres and relax more. We did not do the gannet colony loop as the wind was so strong so we looped back up the road and into the forest for a run down Dan’s track and then down the riverside track. There was quite a few downed branches and small trees in the forest from all the bad weather over the past couple of days so we stopped to clear the trail a couple of times.
The riverside trail is just so much fun to ride, we are probably the only people who ride it so it is very unclear, quite rough, but a load of fun. We then pedalled our way back to the cars and I went home.

A damn good ride.

It must be very cold at the worlds...

No comments: