Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The gym

I have never been one for gym's, I would rather be out on the street in the 'fresh' air than stuck inside an air-conditioned room listening to loud music, but my youngest son's school has a fundraiser supplied by the local gym so off I went.

Every time you go to the gym in a 2 week period from the day you sign up the gym donate a whole 1$ to the school for sporting equipment. It is free to use the gym for that period. Now 1$ is not much but it is worth supporting, and 2 weeks worth of free gym is exactly what I need right now to kick training along.

I am thinking about doing the 35km N-Duro 3 race in 4 weeks on the single speed, it will be a tough event for me so anything I can do to build some leg strength for the hills will be all good.

I aim to go to the gym at 6.00 AM evyer day for 2 weeks, donate an entire $14 to the school and get some base in.

Hopefully if I can achieve that then once the free 2 weeks has finished I will be motivated enough to get out and run first thing in the morning. I just do not like road riding in the dark, especially at that time of day when drivers are going a bit faster and are a bit less focused.

I did my first session this morning, 30 minutes on the bike thing, with a nice climb program, 1km on the rower and a couple of weighty type things. As this is a free session I did not have a program and as I have been to a gym in 5 years or so I had very little knowledge about how the equipment worked. Will work out some more tomorrow. The musix was crap and too loud - louder than my mp3 player, arse.

No comments: