Friday, August 25, 2006

The SS race is taking shape

The Race I am organising is starting to take some shape.

I have permission from the bike parks managers to hold the race on Saturday Oct 7 as proposed.

I have a reasonable amount of interest from the local SS community and a small amount from riders from out of town. I would be really happy with 12 riders, but I have 20 on my possibles list.

I have had some people volunteer their time to be ‘dealers’.

The SS Poker rules are taking shape, at least in my head, and I cannot see why it cannot work the way I have planned it, and still be fun for all the competitors.

I now have a prize pack from a small boutique brewery which should allow me to attract a couple more riders. I can also have a beer stop in the event which will provide an extra card for those who partake.

I hope this turns out OK, and that we can have some more social riding events, and hopefully a ‘serious’ SS race later in the year.

No comments: