Friday, August 25, 2006

Thursday night run

Had a good run last night, it was quite a cold evening with a fair breeze blowing as well.
I did the 7.9km Godley Rd/Portage Rd/Astley Ave/Taupo/Godley loop.

My aim was to keep the pace down enough that my HR stayed below 160. Normally I find it is quite hard to run slowly enough to keep my Hr down, but last night I managed to do just about the entire loop under 160.

The last 1km back up Godley Rd I kept quite a decent pace on as well. I stopped at the end of my drive and walked back up to the house, by the time I was inside I was not puffing and my HR was close to normal.

I have had a pretty good week of exercise and reasonable diet management, lots of protein. I am hoping that my weight going back up again to 81.5 means it is muscle and not fat. I dont feel fatter.

No comments: