Monday, August 28, 2006

Sunday run

I watched a bit of the worlds on TV, it is on quite late (by my standards). Last night they had the 4X. It was pretty cool to watch, of course I would have loved to have been there ! But I think on balance I would mush rather have been at SSWC06 in Stockholm, maybe 1 year I can get there.

Miracle of all miracles all the kids were home today which meant that the oldest was around to watch the youngest while I went out for a run. I didn’t take off until 11.30 and drove into town so I could run along the water front. It had been a while since I had run further than 8kms so I wanted to find something fairly flat to start with plus I had bought an arch support for my right shoe and I didn’t want to stray to far from the car. The weather was OK, though there was a reasonable breeze blowing which I hate as it really stuffs up my sinuses. I drove for 6 kms from the start of Ngapipi Rd, which took me most of the way into St Heliers, parked the car and started.

I had a reasonably OK run, I thought I was going fairly slowly as my goal was to keep a low HR, but made it to Ngapipi Rd just about dead on 30 minutes. The run back to car had a bit more of a head wind but again I kept my HR down and completed the 12.4km run in just under an hour. I was pretty happy with that, I felt OK afterwards as well.

If I can keep up a minimum 1 hour run once a week, plus a shorter run during the week then I should maintain a reasonable base for when I decide to train for the marathon.

No comments: