Friday, September 01, 2006

Thursday quick run

In my effort to capitalise on the 2 solid weeks of gym work I did last month I really want to get a couple of runs in each week as well as my 1 – 2 rides. If I can get an hour long run and a shorter run once a week I will be reasonably happy. My original plan was to do at least 1 morning run a week as I did get used to getting up at 5.30 to go to the gym. 2 weeks later I have failed miserably to get up before my normal work time of 6.48 – damn.

I did however go for a quick run last night. My goal was to the gently rolling 4.2km return run down Godley rd in under 20 minutes. I started off at a good pace and was 200 metres or so into the run before I realised my watch was not going. Arse. I ran the rest at a decent pace and set my watch at the half way point to see how I would have tracked, the return is slightly more up hill than the first leg so it was not a great test. I completed the return leg in 10:38 which could have been an under 20 but I doubt it. I did struggle a bit on the return. I really do not like running after a meal and I had stomach pains which I do not normally get.

Next week I focus on a morning run..

For this Saturdays ride I am planning on doing 2 or 3 30 minute non stop bursts to start getting used to short bursty rides before the day night thriller in 2 weeks time.

No comments: