Monday, September 11, 2006

A rare sunday ride.

My wife worked Saturday this week so I was able to do a Sunday ride with my old buddies, it was good to ride with them again so soon after the last time. It was lucky really as the weather on Saturday was just awful with really heavy rain, Sunday was no summer’s day but at least the rain held off for the ride. The great thing about Woodhill is it sand based so the really heavy rain does not cause too much damage to track or create miles of bog land. The tracks were the wettest I can remember though with some massive puddles. So bad I had to clean my bike when I got home, which is really rare after a Woodhill ride…

For various reasons only 2 of the Sunday crew turned up, along with my normal Saturday riding buddy there were just the 4 of us. With all the miserable weather the car park was quite empty as well which is pretty unusual for a Sunday.

I was still getting over the head cold so the first climb up to the main riding hour was almost a struggle. The old Sunday crew are a pretty slow bunch, so I was fairly settled into a slow ride with lots of breaks, which really suited how I was feeling. We meandered along through the first few stage of Spaghetti and then took a run down Afterglow. I dropped my seat for the down hill section and really had a blast riding down it, took all but the big jump at the end as well, so really getting some confidence back in the air. I think once I get the AC all fixed I will take some time and go do some jumps and try to get into doing some of the bigger ones again.

Took a bit of a slow grind out through Fattucine and then I did a sprint up the link trial because it was there. Slow meander through Cookie and another sprint down Raceface down back to the car.

Not a bad ride, nice to see the guys again and good to blow some of the last of the head cold out.

No comments: