Friday, September 22, 2006

The week wrapped up

Well it has been a busy week since I came back from the Day Night Thriller, caught up on sleep on Sunday night after a family birthday dinner at my parents.

The first race of the Auckland MTB XC Champs is this Sunday so I intended on taking the exercise easy this week while watching my diet. Sadly I have managed over exceed in the taking it easy part but have stuffed my self stupid with all sorts of crap all week – a real chocolate biscuit blow out. I am looking forward to the race even though I am doing it on the single and really expect to more last than first. There are some quick guys in expert 40+.

The Auckland DH series schedule has also been posted and I am sort of interested in having a go in one of the easy races. I will at least turn up for practise day and see how I go. I will ride this on the AC, though it is no way near a DH bike it will be heaps quicker than the DMR. I have taken the AC into get the rear swing arm pivot bearings replaced. Hopefully that is all that is wrong with the bike as I do not want to spend too much money on it. It has only been ridden a couple of times this year as number 1 son is not interested in riding any more. I plan on riding it on Tuesday night for my first Dodgy Tuesday ride in a while.

Went for a run last night, did the Godley, Portage, Astley, Taupo road 8k, loop. It was OK, I haven’t run for a while. I neglected to stretch after and later in the evening I really was quite tight.

The race is coming along nicely. I have had enquiries from over 30 people now, quite a few I have never heard of before so I am getting a bit excited about the whole thing. I have also had some spot prizes donated by the NZ Fox clothing distributor which is very cool as well…

No comments: